We Work Hard. We Play Pranks. We Drink Green Juices.
Quit your day job and change your community!
Be the solution.
Immediate Opportunities to Make a Difference:
- REGGIO EMILIA [BILINGUAL] TEACHER [INFANT-TODDLER CLASSROOM]
- REGGIO EMILIA INSTRUCTIONAL COACH
- PIANO + GUITAR INSTRUCTORS (FALL 2016)
- SPRING / FALL / SUMMER CAMP COORDINATORS (on-going)
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER | INTERNS (make us look great – put your awesomeness to work for our Children)
- THANK-YOU-INTERNS (we say Thank-You, A Lot, and we would love to find someone who can help us follow up with our Supporters and show our Gratitude).
REGGIO EMILIA BILINGUAL LEAD TEACHER (8/22/16 START)
We are seeking a passionate NIDO INFANT-TODDLER Teacher to be a part of our initiative at our North Austin schoolhouse to help build an excellent inclusive Reggio Emilia community.
Experience with early child development theories and approaches such as those in Reggio Emilia, Italy, the Project Approach or Tools of the Mind is strongly preferred. Teachers with responsive classroom, Montessori, and STEAM experience are also encouraged to apply, as we are STEAM focused in this setting.
In our program we use a variety of learning tools and curricula in our primary classroom, so candidates must also have appreciation for nature and being outdoors in all weather and understanding of the need for children to get muddy, dirty and wet. Children experience culinary arts and healthy eating daily, so a understanding of making healthy lifestyle choices is a must.
This is a 40 hr/week position from Monday – Friday, 8:30a – 4:30p on site. You will be helping to lead a classroom of max. 10 Students, teaching Infant-Toddlers in a multi-age Environment.
Must have demonstrated skills in the following areas:
- Planning and using research- and project-based curriculum tools that inspires children to investigate and research, such as Reggio style and Creative Curriculum (Used for assessments).
- Our ideal candidates would be energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated, authentic, passionate, curios, playful and most of all genuinely engaged by working with the very youngest learners, children birth through 2.5 years of age.
- Using a variety of authentic assessment tools and methodologies to document and measure each child’s learning and drive instruction.
- Developing and using student portfolios of work to tailor and differentiate curriculum to individual students.
- Communicating with parents regularly, openly, and professionally.
- Participating in outdoor exploration regardless of the weather (our classrooms all connect to the outdoors and our students often ask to play in nature).
- We will offer languages in all our classrooms starting in the fall of 2015. Bilingual (spanish/english) preferred.
- Must be filled with LOVE and appreciation of our Community Nest and Reggio Emilia Schoolhouse.
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education preferred, with a minimum of 1 year classroom experience as a lead teacher in a Pre-K, K, or early Elementary grade environment.
- We prefer Teachers who hold a Certification but will consider experienced professionals with applicable work-experience as well.
An employee’s salary is based on education level, certification(s), and years of experience. Employees will be contracted yearly. Contracts will be renewed according to evaluations and staff interest. Benefits include free meals daily and dependent educational benefit. To ensure safety for students, background checks will be conducted on all school staff prior to their service as employees.
Salary depending on experience, included benefits (wholesome raw/vegan and vegetarian snacks/lunches every day, and access to wellness classes (yoga or massage/acupuncture) monthly. We also offer dependent tuition credit at this Schoolhouse.
Please forward a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com to express your interest. Please write “NIDO TEACHER” in the Subject line to speed up the process. Thank you!
Wholesome Generation is seeking an experienced Instructional Coach (Reggio Emilia) to support our Little Sprouts Toddler classroom for the 2015-2016 school year. Under the general supervision of the Executive Director and Lead Teacher, the Instructional Coach will work with the Toddler Classroom Teacher inside and outside of the classroom to support student learning and achievement. This could be in the form of an internship supporting on-going professional development, or a paid part-time, 9-month, assignment.
The Instructional Coach plans and facilitates a series of professional development workshops that will help Guides improve instruction and classroom management based on the individual teacher’s needs and Wholesome Generation school-wide goals. Our teachers will inspire our students and work with community mentors to flourish their passions.
Major areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding and promoting the Wholesome Generation vision, mission, and goals to students, parents, and our community.
- Provide personalized support to Guides and Students – this includes a cycle of planning meetings with individual teachers, classroom observations, and targeted feedback sessions.
- Assist teachers with designing instructional decisions based and aligned with Reggio Emilia.
- Assist teachers with special classroom activities when requested.
- Assist students with core curricula and activities.
- Assist teachers with creating materials that are in alignment with our curriculum.
- Monitor intervention programs by observing and meeting with Guides/teachers.
- Provide Guide/teachers reading resources to help them grow as educators and stay current about best practices.
- Model lessons when appropriate.
- Observe teachers and students in order to provide on-going feedback and support in a professional and positive manner.
- Candidate must have his/her Teaching Certification
- Prior experience in a Reggio Emilia inspired elementary (ages 2-4) classroom environment preferred
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from an accredited college
- Advanced degrees, multiple credentials (e.g., Special Education, ESOL, etc.)
- French / German fluency a plus
- A good listener and communicator
- A passion for growing independent, confident and intellectually curious children
- A good sense of humor
- Experience in researched-based instructional practices
- Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of traditionally under-served students
Executive Director of Wholesome Generation.
Please email your resume and a quick intro to firstname.lastname@example.org